Please see attached notice for full details
Due to the on-going Covid19 pandemic, and the need to keep everyone safe, the annual Firework Display at the playing field in Kilmington will not be held this year.
We are pleased to announce that sufficnet donations have now been received for the new Please see the new notice in Community – regarding funding for the new defibrillator unit.
The Parish Council is pleased to advise that the Playing Field will be re-opened on Saturday 25 July with additional signage and notices. Please would all parents of children who go into the playing field unaccompanied by an adult please read the following notice which is displayed on the entrance gate.
Scientific advice suggests that the COVID-19 virus can survive for several days on some hard surfaces. The risks are reduced when outdoors, where surfaces may be subject to UV light and/or rain. Whilst all possible practical measures have been put in place the user of this equipment does so at their own choice and risk. This equipment is checked regularly for damage, wear and tear, but is not sanitised or disinfected.
Parents must read this guidance and ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children and others.
Do not enter this play area if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms, or are self-isolating.
- People MUST ensure they are social distancing. If this is not possible because the play area is busy or certain equipment is being used by others, please wait or visit another day.
- Please try to only have one parent, guardian or carer with each child to limit the possible spread of infection
- Be patient and be kind to each other
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser before and after visiting the play area
- People should consider wiping or cleansing equipment before use
- Consider using a face covering. Government guidance states they are not to be used by children under the age of three
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces
- Consumption of food and drink within play areas is not permitted
- If your family is wearing disposable PPE, please take it home with you or where provided use the bins – DO NOT LITTER.
- Wash your hands thoroughly when you get home
We hope you enjoy using this play area and thank you for helping to keep everyone safe by following these simple instructions.
Please go to the Accounts section of documents in order to view all the end of year (2019-20) financial information.
In an effort to support those most vulnerable in the village during these uncertain times, there is to be a central list of contacts where volunteers can leave their names and contact details for anyone requiring assistance. Those looking for help, including those self isolating, can likewise give their details to our central contact who will be in touch with a volunteer to help out. We suggest that for shopping, collecting prescriptions etc, the arrangements (including payments etc), are made directly between the volunteer and the person making the request.
The Parish Council is extremely grateful to Sarah Booth (as indeed is the whole village) for agreeing to be the central coordinator who will put together the list of volunteers, and so anyone requiring assistance should telephone Sarah whose details are: 01985 844 264 or firstname.lastname@example.org Everyone should be aware that Sarah is self-distancing for the moment so please always contact her by phone or (preferably) email and do not visit her.
Separately, a local food wholesaler in Zeals, La Chasse, wishes to help those who cannot get out to go food shopping. They are offering a 10% discount on minimum orders (over £80) and require payment upfront. Delivery times are inevitably flexible. Here are the contacts for them: La Chasse Limited, The Warehouse, St Martins Farm, Zeals BA12 6NZ, Tel: 01747 840996, www.lachasselimited.co.uk , and email@example.com
For those with internet connection here are some useful links:
- Follow the latest stay at home advice at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice
- Overview of COVID-19 – what is it? www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
- Common questions and answers on COVID-19 including advice for families, prevention, how it’s caught and spread, self-isolation, testing and treatment, foreign travel – https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/
- NHS 111 – https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
- Wiltshire Council’s COVID-19 information page – http://wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
Useful contact numbers:
NHS 111 – only call 111 if you cannot get help online
Education queries – phone the Department for Education on 0800 046 8687
Wiltshire Council – 0300 456 0100
Please look out for your neighbours and keep well and safe