Please see attached notice for full details
Due to the on-going Covid19 pandemic, and the need to keep everyone safe, the annual Firework Display at the playing field in Kilmington will not be held this year.
We are pleased to announce that sufficient donations have now been recieved for the new Defibrillator Unit.
Please see DEFIBRILLATOR UNIT Notice 05.05.20.
In an effort to support those most vulnerable in the village during these uncertain times, there is to be a central list of contacts where volunteers can leave their names and contact details for anyone requiring assistance. Those looking for help, including those self isolating, can likewise give their details to our central contact who will be in touch with a volunteer to help out. We suggest that for shopping, collecting prescriptions etc, the arrangements (including payments etc), are made directly between the volunteer and the person making the request.
The Parish Council is extremely grateful to Sarah Booth (as indeed is the whole village) for agreeing to be the central coordinator who will put together the list of volunteers, and so anyone requiring assistance should telephone Sarah whose details are: 01985 844 264 or email@example.com Everyone should be aware that Sarah is self-distancing for the moment so please always contact her by phone or (preferably) email and do not visit her.
Separately, a local food wholesaler in Zeals, La Chasse, wishes to help those who cannot get out to go food shopping. They are offering a 10% discount on minimum orders (over £80) and require payment upfront. Delivery times are inevitably flexible. Here are the contacts for them: La Chasse Limited, The Warehouse, St Martins Farm, Zeals BA12 6NZ, Tel: 01747 840996, www.lachasselimited.co.uk , and firstname.lastname@example.org
For those with internet connection here are some useful links:
- Follow the latest stay at home advice at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice
- Overview of COVID-19 – what is it? www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
- Common questions and answers on COVID-19 including advice for families, prevention, how it’s caught and spread, self-isolation, testing and treatment, foreign travel – https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/
- NHS 111 – https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
- Wiltshire Council’s COVID-19 information page – http://wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
Useful contact numbers:
NHS 111 – only call 111 if you cannot get help online
Education queries – phone the Department for Education on 0800 046 8687
Wiltshire Council – 0300 456 0100
Please look out for your neighbours and keep well and safe